Tuesday, October 20, 2009

First they came......................

By Pastor Niemoller who escaped persecution by the Nazis.

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And now a new play on this by yours truly.


First they came for those who disagreed with them and I did not speak out because I did not disagree with the administration

Then they came after Fox News and I did not speak out because I did not watch Fox News.

Then they came for the newspapers that objected to them and I did not speak out because I did not read those papers.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And if you don't think this can happen, just remember Joe the Plumber, who disagreed with Obama and was attacked for weeks, Fox News that has uncovered radicals in his administration, Humana Health care that objected to Gov. Health option and were vilified by the Obama administration and now the U.S. Chamber of Commerce that also disagrees with Gov’t option health care. If you disagree with this administration expect to be attacked. So much for the US Constitution with this administration. If you want to know what will happen next, just look what has happened in Venezuela. If it moves, government controls it. 1984 is here, just 25 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment