Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Conservatives today, you tomorrow

We are witnessing today the tyranny that has come to our country that our Founding Fathers fought against.  I am speaking about the Obama administration using the IRS, DOJ and EPA among other agencies to go after their political opposition.  We usually see this in 3rd world countries or the former Soviet Union and even today with Putin in Russia, the late Hugo Chavez in Venezuela and the great leader in North Korea, Kim Jong un that had his entire uncle's family terminated and of course we cannot forget Hitler and Mussolini.  

Now we have not seen Obama's political opposition terminated, but using government agencies against your opposition is just the beginning of this government's tyranny.  You may say, no big deal, but remember today this government is going after those who disagree with them and next it will be you.  Why do I say that?  Look and study  the history of the world and you will come to the same conclusion. 

We have seen this administration go after the messenger and not the message.  They cannot argue against what these conservatives say so they go after the person and do whatever they can to destroy them in their personal life.  Whether you like the person(s) involved or not, does not mean that this can happen to anyone.  We have seen this with Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney' wife, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and many others.  The person is attacked and they do not argue against their argument.   

This brings out what I have preached before and the famous statement from Pastor Niemoller who escaped the Nazis that I will show again.   

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.
 

And now a new play on this by yours truly. 

First they came for those who disagreed with them and I did not speak out because I did not disagree with the administration 

Then they came after Fox news and I did not speak out because I did not watch Fox news. 

Then they came for the newspapers that objected to them and I did not speak out because I did not read those papers.   

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment